Use this button to donate in Pounds Sterling (£)

Use this button to donate in US dollars ($)

If you find the site useful, please consider a donation to help cover its running costs.
Thank you

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile View user locations Top Users Recent Messages

Advanced

Blog, Blog, Blog....

Posted by Janaru 
Calendar Events for the Next Seven Days
Mon (11/24) Tue (11/25) Wed (11/26) Thu (11/27) Fri (11/28) Sat (11/29) Sun (11/30)
Empty
Re: Blog, Blog, Blog....
March 16, 2012 20:33
March 18, 2012 16:23
March 22, 2012 16:40
March 23, 2012 03:57
Tis ain't really a blog, but I wasn't sure where to put it;

Radio 4 commissions dramas about Dad's Army, Elizabeth Taylor and Doris Day
March 23, 2012 17:38
I think here is perfect, Mars. Those will be really interesting to hear! I knew Rock and Doris were very tight (they called each other Roy and Eunice) but I wasn't aware that Liz was in that mix.

I think the toughest thing will be doing justice to Dad's Army. That's a favorite and treasured program for a lot of us. Hope they treat it right.
March 23, 2012 20:56
I really like Roy Smiles work on the past plays of this sort (Pythonesque, Good Evening (about Beyond the Frindge) and Ying Tong A Walk with the Goons). I think he'll hit the right notes on this. What little I know of John LeMeisurer I like him. I always loved hearing his name in the cast and then a couple of years ago I got to see the biopic of Hattie Jacques and I hadn't realized she was married to John. What an interesting arrangement they had.
March 26, 2012 22:01
In Production:

White Noise

Next week Ricci Harnett, Theo Barklem-Biggs and Louise Jameson are recording White Noise, Matthew Broughton's dark homage to Dagenham, where he lives. As the Olympics loom large over the area, one family's lives are changed forever. White Noise will be directed in Wales by James Robinson and is due to be broadcast on 10th April, in the Afternoon Drama slot.
March 27, 2012 00:30
Boy, that's a quick turn around time for a drama...two weeks before broadcast. I just got an email from someone doing a radio play called Belarus for the BBC and I am hoping that one will also have a quick turnaround time...
April 13, 2012 09:41
In Production:

Alone in the Garden with You

Susie Riddell, Carl Prekopp, and Gerard McDermott make an unusual love triangle in studio this week in Alone in the Garden with You , an Afternoon Drama by new radio writer Louise Monaghan. When your ex-husband's dying wish is to be buried in the family garden, how do you square it with your new man? Alone in the Garden with You is directed by Jessica Dromgoole and will be broadcast on Thursday 28th June.

The Grapes of Wrath

Next week Michelle Fairley, Robert Sheehan and Zubin Varla are recording a three-part dramatization of John Steinbeck's seminal novel The Grapes of Wrath . Adapted for radio by Donna Franceschild for the Classic Serial, it tells the powerful story of a family who move from Oklahoma to California in a bid to escape poverty during America's Great Depression. The Grapes of Wrath will be directed by Kirsty Williams and is due to be broadcast in August.
April 15, 2012 12:41
In Production:

Jack's Return Home

Next week, Hugo Speer will be playing Jack Carter - a London gangland enforcer who returns home to Yorkshire after the murder of his brother - in a new four-part dramatization of Jack's Return Home , the book that later became the film Get Carter. It will transmit on Radio 4 in August.

Ek Awaaz

Ek Awaaz (One Voice) by Sonia Likhari, Alia Bano and Shane Solanki marks the first anniversary of last year’s riots that spread from London to Birmingham and other cities. The play is a series of four monologues intercut with local reports as the chaos unfolds, directed by Nayla Ahmed. It is currently being edited for transmission on the Asian Network in August.
April 24, 2012 08:32
In Production:

Flying Backwards

This week, Alice Krige, Jack Klaff, Doreen Mantle, Vincent Ebrahim, Don McCorkindale and Helen Szymczak are recording Flying Backwards in Maida Vale. Jack Klaff's play, for the Afternoon Drama slot, is about two friends - Johnnie and Vicki - reuniting in Cape Town after decades apart. Crying, laughing, raging and teasing each other, they revisit their earlier lives and their unrecognisable city in a country with its own unfinished story. Flying Backwards will be directed by David Ian Neville and is due to be broadcast on Tuesday 19th June.
April 24, 2012 10:22
April 30, 2012 10:53
In Production:

Tennyson and Edison

This week Richard Johnson, Toby Stephens and Sian Thomas are recording Tennyson and Edison by David Pownall for Drama on 3 . Tennyson and Edison will be directed by Peter Kavanagh and is due to be broadcast on 3rd June.
April 30, 2012 10:56
May 03, 2012 14:01
May 09, 2012 19:06
In Production:

The Diary of Samuel Pepys Next week Kris Marshall and Katherine Jakeways, along with other series regulars Ewan Bailey and Matthew Gravelle, are recording the fifth series of The Diary of Samuel Pepys for the 15 Minute Drama slot on Radio 4. The year under scrutiny this time around is 1664. It will be directed by Kate McAll and is due for broadcast from Monday 16th to Friday 20th July.
May 09, 2012 19:23
May 11, 2012 21:13
In Production:

The Charles Paris Mysteries: An Amateur Corpse Next week Bill Nighy is in the studio recording another series of the popular Charles Paris Mysteries where he plays the actor cum amateur sleuth. Bill is joined by Suzanne Burden as his wife, Geraldine McEwan as his mother, Jon Glover as his agent and Paul Ritter as an old friend whose wife is a member of an amateur dramatic society where there is more drama offstage than on when a murder is committed. An Amateur Corpse is directed by Sally Avens.

smiling smiley
May 14, 2012 22:25
From BBC Internet blog:

BBC Online Briefing: Curation Q&A

From BBC Radio 4 and 4 Extra blog:

My Own Shakespeare
May 19, 2012 07:16
In Production:

Cordite for Breakfast

Next week, we're re-creating the Battle of Waterloo in London's Studio 60A. Or rather, we're re-creating a recreation of the Battle. Ben Ockrent's comedy-drama Cordite for Breakfast is set in the world of hardcore battle re-enactments, and stars Rose Leslie, Mark Heap and Aimee Ffion-Edwards. The Afternoon Drama will be broadcast in July and is directed by Sasha Yevtushenko.
May 21, 2012 23:00
May 27, 2012 04:14
In Production:

The Man Who Sold The World

Next week actors Lee Ross, Tom Brooke and Neil Maskell are recording The Man Who Sold The World by Natalie Mitchell for the Afternoon Drama. The play is set in the world of ticket touts; with business drying up Billy has a chance to make a new life abroad with his girlfriend, but his two best mates both have good reasons for wanting him to stay in England, and Billy can't decide whether he should stay or go. The Man Who Sold The World will be directed in London by Sally Avens and is due to air on Friday 29th June at 1415.
May 31, 2012 23:44
June 18, 2012 21:06
In Production:

Falling

Next week in our Cardiff studio, Sinead Keenan and Sarah Smart are recording Falling , a gripping emotional drama from writer Bethan Roberts. Set in the world of fertility treatment, it's a very modern take on love, sex and intimacy. Falling will be directed by James Robinson and is due for broadcast in September.
June 27, 2012 13:16
I am really excited about this!

In Production:

From Russia With Love

Martin Jarvis directs Archie Scottney's exciting 'radio screenplay' of Ian Fleming's cliff-hanging thriller, From Russia With Love . The Russians want 007 dead. Will an eventful journey on the Orient Express finally cloud Bond's judgement? Toby Stevens once again stars as 007, with Eileen Atkins as the murderous Rosa Klebb, Olga Fedori as Tatiana Romanova and Martin Jarvis as the voice of Ian Fleming. Also starring Mark Gatiss, Tim Pigott-Smith, Nathaniel Parker, Janie Dee, John Sessions, John Standing, Julian Sands and Jon Glover. From Russia With Love is produced by Rosalind Ayres for Jarvis & Ayres Productions and is due to air on Saturday 21st July at 1430 on Radio 4.

Christopher Eccleston and Tim Pigott-Smith will be in the drama studio this weekend to play Winston Smith and O'Brien in Jonathan Holloway's dramatisation of George Orwell's 1984 . Big Brother telescreens and rats at the ready. For broadcast early in 2013 in the Classic Serial as part of a short George Orwell season.
June 27, 2012 14:25
In Production:

Far from the Madding Crowd

Next week Alex Tregear (Bathsheba) weighs the relative attractions of Shaun Dooley (Oak), Patrick Kennedy (Troy) and Toby Jones (Boldwood) in a new adaptation of Far from the Madding Crowd . Graham White's adaptation of Thomas Hardy's most romantic novel is directed by Jessica Dromgoole and is due to be broadcast over three weeks in the Autumn.
June 30, 2012 07:13
In Production:

The Graduate

This week, Kate McAll was in studio directing Danny Mahoney as Benjamin and Sian Thomas as Mrs Robinson in Polly Thomas's brand-new adaptation of The Graduate. Joining them were Michael Crossman as Mr Robinson, Samantha Dakin as Elaine, William Hope as Mr Braddock and Laura Brook as Mrs Braddock. The Graduate is due to transmit on Sundays 29th July and 5th August in the Classic Serial slot.
July 01, 2012 05:57
The Media Pages list the Graduate as beginning on the 15th of July. Not that the Media Pages are gospel or anything. Listings have been known to disappear without explanation.
July 02, 2012 18:31
Hmmm.....curious. Well, I'll post the program info whenever they do decide to air it, so hopefully we won't miss it.
July 09, 2012 03:38
In Production:

The Other Simenon

Next week David Holt, Robert Blythe, Joe Sims, Liza Sadovy Christine Absalom, Amie Burns Walker, Jamie Glover, Robin Weaver, Sam Alexander, Alison Pettitt, Ben Crowe, Alex Rivers, Paul Bown, Clare Corbett, Crawford Logan, Carl Prekopp and Susie Riddell are recording a second series of The Other Simenon .
When he wasn't writing Maigret, Georges Simenon produced a huge body of novels, often tough, gripping and psychologically-penetrating dissections of lives confounded by fate. In The Other Simenon we explore three more of his dark tales of human misfortune - Teddy Bear; The Neighbours; and The Venice Train by Georges Simenon, dramatised for radio by Ronald Frame and directed by David Ian Neville. The Other Simenon will be broadcast weekly from November 1st.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 9 on April 06, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 98 on December 05, 2012