Use this button to donate in Pounds Sterling (£)

Use this button to donate in US dollars ($)

If you find the site useful, please consider a donation to help cover its running costs.
Thank you

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile View user locations Top Users Recent Messages

Advanced

Radio 4 Extra

Posted by Radionut 
Calendar Events for the Next Seven Days
Fri (07/11) Sat (07/12) Sun (07/13) Mon (07/14) Tue (07/15) Wed (07/16) Thu (07/17)
Julie Enfield Investigates: The Smithfield Murders
10:00AM Not the World Cup in Brazil
12:30AM The Masterson Inheritance - b04
09:30AM The Navy Lark - o08
09:00AM The Goon Show - g25
12:00AM Bleak Expectations - c05
08:00AM Ayres on the Air - b05
07:30PM The News Quiz - m06

09:00AM Beyond Our Ken - 016
06:00PM Second Thoughts - b02
06:00PM Huddwinks - a01
12:30PM A Charles Paris Mystery: Corporate Bodies - 4
09:00AM Dad's Army - c24

02:30PM Three Men in a Boat
07:30PM I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - 61-3

06:00PM King Street Junior Revisited - b01
Empty
Radio 4 Extra
April 06, 2011 07:59
G" day,

Here in Oz Beebobodge not working for Radio 4 Extra, just get Radio 7 from last week.

Beebotron wma feeds for non UK working with some anomalies. Joy unbounded Round The Horne - The Joke Thief played right through at 98kbps. Tried it with Dad's Army still 98kbps but distorted throughout program. Most other programs run OK but at 48kbps

Please excuse if this makes no sense not really a geek but a Radionut.

Thought what's happening here in the antipodes might interest.

Ripper of a site Thanks.
Re: Radio 4 Extra
April 06, 2011 09:23
G'day yourself!

Ta for that - try it again now
April 06, 2011 09:34
G'day Radionut

Dunno if it will work from Oz but you may find that this version of Dad's Army works...

http://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc7coyopa/bbc7_-_saturday_1430.wma
April 06, 2011 09:45
Strewth it works!!

Owe you a slab.
April 06, 2011 10:02
This is something I accidentally stumbled across in my determination to hear that particular episode. The original iPlayer Listen Again version was terrible, with constant breaking-up of the sound (but this has since been fixed).

I was keen to listen to that particular episode, so I came over to Beebotron to see if an alternative was available.

I found that if I drilled down to Saturday's listings via http://beebotron.org/public3/radio4extrahq.html then the audio was as bad as that on iPlayer had originally been.

However, if I went in via http://beebotron.org/public3/public_wwo3/wwo3_index.html?reload this took me to the working version that I linked in my post above.

This has been discussed on another thread, and appears to have caused some perplexed head scratching smiling smiley

It may be worth your while bookmarking the above links.

PS I only know what 'a slab' is thanks to your dear Doctor Karl, whose programmes I follow avidly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2011 10:03 by Nicodemus Dumps.
April 06, 2011 11:49
Links have been bookmarked thank you.

Really appreciate the help that has been given by both of you.

I only use Beebobodge & Beebotron for listening,don't know why the BBC don't just stick to making the programmes

which are without doubt the best in the world.

Did you know slabs can contain tinnies or stubbies? Also they have become a unit of currency with Oz tradies?

Shall now relax with Miss Marple.
April 06, 2011 11:50
Would have luuved a slabs link tho!smoking smiley

A commitment to Mod'nAdminlyness: I understand that r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e *i - s* f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starchy, nit pic, patronize, commit misandry, be economical with the facts or be a pedant, neither shall I whine. I shall endeavour to abstain from gratuitous point-scoring off the comments of other Mods or Administrators and also from engendering a culture of BLAME, remembering too to give the benefit of the doubt. Everything in my power will be done to achieve a modest post count & share my smileys, sources & avatars,
April 06, 2011 13:11
Truthyness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would have luuved a slabs link tho!smoking smiley

Essentially a 'slab' is what we Brits would call a 'tray' of beer (cans or stubbies).

And as for the infamously eccentric Doctor Karl, his Australian shows can be found here and here

He also does a show on Radio 5 Live, and shares a podcast with the Naked Scientists here
April 06, 2011 16:04
Help nothing works except radio 4 Extra Wenesday 6.00am - Miss Marple Nemesis Episode 3

In IE9 get message file type not supported
April 06, 2011 17:33
I've changed things in the What Was On and Beebobodge areas to use this sort of thing
http://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/radio4xcoyopa/radio_4_extra_-_saturday_2300.wma
instead of
http://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc7/bbc7_-_saturday_2300.wma
as I think the Beeb have now fixed their hiccupy audio probs.

The links in the Listen Again pages are plain vanilla rips out of the guts of the Beeb and, if I'm right in thinking they've now got their act together, they should now be ok.

Sorry, Radionut, I don't have IE9 - but is anyone else out there having problems? Come to that, is anyone else out there using IE9 without problems?
April 06, 2011 18:33
K, I had intended to come in to let you know, that the What Was On page wasn't working properly only to find The Ninja already had it sorted! smoking smiley

Thank you blushing smiley 2
April 06, 2011 23:34
Still nothing.

Same in Google
April 06, 2011 23:46
Sorry, Radionut, but let me get clear here. You're trying to listen through Beebobodge or What Was On? Or are you trying something else.

Sorry to make you repeat confused smiley
April 06, 2011 23:50
AS I aid the only programme working in Beebobode is Radio 4 Ex Wed 6am;

What was on is the same so is live streamng
April 06, 2011 23:52
What program are you using to listen.
April 07, 2011 00:05
Google Chrome
April 07, 2011 02:52
Oooh, I know nothing about Google Chrome, but my son does. I'll try and check with him tonight and see if he has some suggestions If I find out anything, I'll post back and let you know. smiling smiley
April 08, 2011 11:22
Hello

Any chance of telling me which audio codec you send stuff in
April 08, 2011 11:34
Radionut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello
>
> Any chance of telling me which audio codec you
> send stuff in
You'll have to ask the BBC and Siemens that question. Every audio link on this site goes to the BBC site. Beebotron is simply (well, excellently) a convenient way of getting access to the recordings without having to wend your way through the convoluted by-ways of the BBC site.
April 09, 2011 04:19
Don't know if you've solved your problem, Radionut, but I found this article from ChromeAdvisor....

How To Play WMA Files On Chrome OS CR-48

....maybe it will help.
April 10, 2011 11:36
I spoke to my son, Radionut, but he couldn't help. He's only using Google Chrome browser, not the OS. Sorry. I'll keep my eyes open though.

You might try using VLC or another program to listen. Don't know if you want to go that route or not though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 9 on April 06, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 98 on December 05, 2012